Feature Request: Being able to show how many options of a combination field was selected

desbest

How about being able to show how many options of a combination field was selected, in a new field?

runabase feature request - count number of checked options in combination field.png

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Explain what task you are facing, please. What is the point in calculating these values? Perhaps we can tell you how to achieve the goal in another way.

desbest

Because "iphone apps for selecting colours" is not the only type of software I'll be reviewing. What if I want to review wordpress plugins for allowing a custom taxonomy onto a website?

There are over 240 plugins under the taxonomy tag and even more plugins for taxonomy which don't have that tag.
After me deciding what type of taxonomy functionality I want to add to my wordpress website, I could choose custom fields, custom post types, fields for taxonomies, field groups, etc.
Once I've whittled it down to that, let's say that I want a "many-to-many" type relationship as I would like to use the taxonomy paradigm of series, which differs from how categories and tags would work, I would then need to review the wordpress plugins which work well for a "series" taxonomy which can implement a many-to-many relationship.

Overall, I wouldn't just need one field to be calculating the values but instead three different fields.
It would then be useful if I could filter by all these three fields at once, under a greater than condition.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for a more detailed description! In its pure form, there will be no function of counting the number of set values of the Combination field, because the task is very specific. But there will be a function (in the 7th version) that will determine whether a certain combination value is set or not. With the help of additional Composite and Calculation fields, it will be possible to make the necessary calculation.