Feature request: Letting me choose which fields are displayed for filling in, when creating a new record

desbest

I have another feature request.
How about when creating a new record, that I can choose which fields from the table, appear on the creation form, so I don't see every field at once, when creating new records?

In the example below, I would like the "missing features, colour selection deficiencies, screenshot and rating" fields, to not appear on the record creation form.

runabase feature request - choose which fields are displayed when creating a new record.png

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
In Runabase 6, you can use Group field to highlight, block or hide some fields.
You can find an example of Group field usage in Customer orders database sample project, object Order, group field "debt in detail".

desbest

Hello again
I've just tried it now and it works.
This then led me to another question.

What if I want fields to be hidden on a "link form" where I would use the create button to add new records, whilst also simulataneously having those same fields that I'd made hidden beforehand, then appear on any create/edit dialog boxes for any other "link forms".

For example, if you see the image below with the red border, I would like certain fields to be hidden (or disabled) within the one on the left, whilst appearing on the right.

How can this be done?

runabase feature request - being selective as to which form view to apply groups with 2.png

runabase feature request - being selective as to which form view to apply groups with 1.png

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Fields can be hidden using the Group field and this will work the same in all forms based on this object.
BUT! You can use hiding by condition.

See attached example. We add extra string field "MARK", it have default value set in object "ONE".
We create two forms based on our object. In first form we leave this default value unchanged. In second form, we rewrite default value for MARK field - "OTHER".
And in Group field we can check value of this extra string field, and depending on it, group hiding will work or not. So we can hide one set of fields in one form, and show them in other form, and vise versa. Hope this solves your issue.

Extra field may also be hidden or placed on last tab, I leaved it just for better undestanding.

Attachments