Is it possible to do links to individual records, not categories?

C

Cat

In the screenshot below, I have made a Locations Group that has a Library Object within it. This Library Object has an Object link within it to two categories, Books and Furniture.

Is there a field that will link to separate records instead of categories? e.g. to each book instead of the Books category? I want individual records to show in the Library column and details of a selected record to show in the Detail column.

I have tried Field to link, Object and Link to field.

List of Items.jpeg

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Your database logic is not clear. Can you draw a rough diagram?
Is there a field that will link to separate records instead of categories? e.g. to each book instead of the Books category?
Object field gives a link to record of other object. You add Object field with Source: just Book object.

C

Cat

Umm, not draw but does this make it easier?

All Items > Library > Single item.

I want to be able to click on the Library and see the books and the furniture in one list, not two separate categories as the screenshot shows. I am fine with clicking on an item to see the detail on a new screen. I also want to be able to have the items in alphabetical order.

C

Cat

*headdesk* thank you, that had slipped my mind.

Am I able to have one list of items made up of items from multiple categories or would Form of Link be better to use than Object?

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Am I able to have one list of items made up of items from multiple categories or would Form of Link be better to use than Object?
Form of link (and all other types of forms) is only a way to represent object data, and also expands its capabilities.
Only you yourself can understand whether the proposed tools are suitable for your goal. I have not been able to figure out how you represent your database structure.

You can look at "Project examples' section, it may be interesting for you.