It is possible to select another printer in 'Print' button in 'Documents' dialog?

RSZ-EC

Hello!

I have several templates configured on an object, and although I send some of the generated documents to print on the default printer, there are others that I need to send to another printer. For now, my option is to click on the 'Open' button and in the corresponding application select the correct printer in the 'Print' window, but I wonder if there could be a faster option.

So, would it be possible to add a 'Print to' button to the 'Documents' dialog that shows a list of system printers that allows to select where the document will be sent to? Or is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! We will add a print document setting: by default or with the opening of the printer selection dialog, in one of the next updates.

RSZ-EC

That's great! But that setting would be a general configuration for all documents, or coulde be a document-specific feature?

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
This will be a general setting for the entire program. We try not to overload the program with settings so that the work is as convenient and simple as possible.

RSZ-EC

BTW, sorry I didn't check it early. Is because I didn't have version 6 installed (for a silly personal distaste of the previous design), was using only version 5 and I did't know you had made that change for working with windows in the new version, so I didn't fell the urge to check it. I was so wrong!

RSZ-EC

Only a comment: When "select dialog" option is active, the printer dialog should appear only at pressing "Print" button in Runabase. By now, it appears even when we pressed "Open" button, which doesn't have much sense.

RSZ-EC

Another issue concerning selecting printers in Runabase: When a printer is selected in the dialog, it becomes the default printer in all Windows. So, whenever I print a document in Runabase, after that I have to enter in Windows settings and manually change the default printer. Can this issue be fixed, to select a printer without turning it in the default printer?

Thanks!

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your comments regarding the printer selection dialog. We will fix them in one of the next updates.

RSZ-EC

Mostly for MS Word. I'm trying to create a template for Excel but I don't finish it yet. And none for Outlook.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. I asked because there are some well-known problems with printing in Excel. But we seem to find the solution.