Height of secondary windows in RunaBase version 6

RSZ-EC

In version 6 is it possible to adjust the height of secondary windows as in version 5?

In the new version, all forms go from top to bottom of the primary window and in some cases, is annoying trying to work that way.

Thanks!

Version 5.jpg Version 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
In RunaBase version 6, standard dialogs are replaced on the panels, and there are several reasons for this. First, for the convenience of displaying large amounts of information. Secondly, to work on touchscreen devices, because we do not plan (at this stage) to make a separate mobile application for Android.

In the near future (version 6.1.) - adding a mechanism for editing a field in detail without opening the entire record for editing. This tool will be combined with an additional type of field "Block", which will allow one to combine several fields into one block and which can also be edited separately.

In remote plans, open the record in a separate window for viewing. This window will not be modal (that is, access to the main window of the program is preserved), similar to opening an HTML form in a separate window.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, in your screenshot, some of the groups on the left menu are missing captions. Is it a mistake after importing from version 5?

RSZ-EC

In RunaBase version 6, standard dialogs are replaced on the panels,
Does that mean that objects and forms' dialogs in RunaBase 6 are panels? (BTW, I don't know exactly what a panel is in this context). So, if I understand you correctly, it's not possible to change the height of dialogs ('windows' as I called them before). Am I correct? To this day, this issue is my only reason for not upgrading my projects to version 6...

In the near future (version 6.1.) - adding a mechanism for editing a field in detail without opening the entire record for editing.
That's a great feature!

in your screenshot, some of the groups on the left menu are missing captions. Is it a mistake after importing from version 5?
No! Sorry, it's my paranoid behavior of editing and removing sensitive data from my images. Import in version 6 works just fine!

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Can you explain more clearly what the inconvenience of 'panel-style' windows (dialogs)? Do you need to see some data in the list, which is hidden behind the child window? Or is the behavior different from what you're used to?
Yes, at present the height of dialogs is is linked to the height of the main window. You can change the height of main window, and secondary dialogs will be resized following him.

What about upgrading from version 5 to version 6, we always recommend not to rush. Oficially version 6 is still beta version. Network version of RunaBase 6 is also under development.

RSZ-EC

Can you explain more clearly what the inconvenience of 'panel-style' windows (dialogs)? Do you need to see some data in the list, which is hidden behind the child window? Or is the behavior different from what you're used to?
Yes, at present the height of dialogs is is linked to the height of the main window. You can change the height of main window, and secondary dialogs will be resized following him.
It's just a matter of taste and visual style, not functionality. In version 5, dialogs resemble normal secondary modal windows as in any other application (which is my preferred style). But in version 6, dialogues with few fields (as in my example) are scattered and strange. Also, I could think of several scenarios where this style could be uncomfortable. 1. Changing height of main window every time users open dialogs with different number of fields can be a nuisance for them. 2. In cases like my example, it is not possible to reduce height of main window to such a small size. 3. If a user wants to work with the main window maximized, this effect is much more noticeable. But, as I said before, it's just a matter of taste.

Greetings!

RSZ-EC

Hi guys!

I didn't even realize that you change the design of version 6 to work with modal windows! You are the best!

Thank you so much!!! I really apreciate this because that was my only reason for not moving from version 5 to 6.

Best regards.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Personally, we preferred the interface in the form of panels. It was a necessary measure, due to the fact that problems were discovered when porting to Unix-systems.

But someone is glad :)