No calculations done when using values in hidden tabs in Forms

RSZ-EC

Greetings!

I have problems with calculations that use [Number] fields located in hidden tabs.

To illustrate my problem, I created an Object with two [Number] fields ("Price" and "Payment"), one [Switch] ("Paid in full") with 'No' and 'Yes' values., one [Calculation] ("Balance") field in tab 1 (fig.1)
000.jpg

and a [Number] field called "Hidden" in tab 8. "Balance" has a substraction between "Price" and "Hidden".

So, when option 'No' in "Paid in full" is chosen, value in "Hidden" is copied from "Payment" and if option 'Yes' is chosen, then value in "Hidden" is copied from "Price" (Fig 2)
002.jpg

Everything works fine if I click the switch in the Object (Fig 3)
003.jpg

but in a Link Form (with tab 8 hidden), my calculation stops working (Fig 4).
004.jpg

Please help me, what I'm doing wrong?

I attached the project. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

RSZ-EC

Sorry, I made a mistake in the post. This is what should be:

To illustrate my problem, I created an Object with two [Number] fields ("Price" and "Payment"), one [Switch] ("Paid in full") with 'No' and 'Yes' values., one [Calculation] ("Balance") field in tab 1 (Fig.1)
000.jpg

and a [Number] field called "Hidden" in tab 8. "Balance" has a substraction between "Price" and "Hidden".

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, Rommel!
Thanks for the detailed and clear description and for the attached sample project! The problem lies in the work of the Condition field. We will fix it in one of the next updates of the program.

RSZ-EC

Thank you very much!

One final question: Is it planned to make these kind of fixes in version 5? I'm working in version 6 and everything is fine, but I also need to work in multi-user sessions, and for now, multiuser only works in version 5.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
There are no new features in 5th version. Everything new is being added to the 6th version. But we fix significant errors in version 5, too.

RSZ-EC

There are no new features in 5th version. Everything new is being added to the 6th version. But we fix significant errors in version 5, too.
Thanks! But if so, please can you tell me when is planned to allow multi-user in version 6?

Fixed in version 6.0.17.
Yes, everything is OK with this fix in version 6.

But to clarify my previous question (about fixes in version 5) is because (AFAIK) [Condition] field doesn't exist in that version, and for this kind of weird calculations, I use there three different fields ([Calculation], [Composite] and [Number]) hidden in tab 8 and one [Calculation] field in tab 1. When I use this method in version 5, everything works fine, but when I took my work to version 6 it didn't. That's why I tried using [Condition] fields, didn't work either and then created this post.

Now in version 6, [Condition] fields work fine with hidden values, but [Calculation] or [Composite] doesn't. I know this method is not longer necessary in this version, (or even, it could be a better way to do that in version 5) but I think still needs to be fixed for other uses.

I send you one file as an example.

Attachments

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
please can you tell me when is planned to allow multi-user in version 6?
The release of 6th multi-user version is scheduled for September.

Now in version 6, [Condition] fields work fine with hidden values, but [Calculation] or [Composite] doesn't. I know this method is not longer necessary in this version, (or even, it could be a better way to do that in version 5) but I think still needs to be fixed for other uses.
You're absolutely right. Despite the fact that new Condition field has been added in version 6, solution using other types of fields should work, too. Should be the same work in Object and in Form with fields in hidden tabs.

Thank you for clear project, it helps a lot in finding the root of the bug. We'll fix the issue in next update.

RSZ-EC

Hi again! I find a bug that assume is of the same kind, so I post it here.

Recently made a project in version 5 (and shared in this forum) where I get the same errors when calculations are done using hidden values. In it, when I put any value (ex. +2.00) in one field, a positive value in other field (ex. +2.00) and select a type called "Reading", it should return +4.00 in Final formula field. Everything is fine in Object form (with all tabs visible) but it doesn't work in Link form (hidding all [Composite] and [Text] fields used in the calculation).

I'm using this project in multiuser work, so I beg you could fix it in both versions.

Best regards!

Attachments

RSZ-EC

Update:

I realized that unhidding one particular field fix this behaviour. When I hide all other fields but put [Calculation] in other tab, all works as intended. Maybe this help you to sort out this issue.

Attachments

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Rommel! Thanks for the project and clarification about the error.
At the moment, the development of multi-user work for version 6 is a priority. But as soon as the opportunity arises, we will definitely fix it (in both versions).