[Translation] Translating strings with '1' suffixes in localization file to Spanish

RSZ-EC

When transalating the localization file to Spanish, in lines 380 ('years1|years1'), 384 ('months1|months1'), 388 ('days1|days1') and all others ending in '1' that this situation could apply, there are differences when they are pronounced in Spanish.

Allow me to explain: In Spanish, single nouns numbered with '1' are singular, for example '1 day' is '1 día' and '1 week' is '1 semana'. But all other nouns with numbers ending in '1' are expressed as plurals, example: '11 days' is '11 días', '21 days' is '21 días' and so on.

And here is the problem with '0', '1', '234' and '5' suffixes notation that RunaBase uses. If I put in line 388 the translation 'days1|día', '1 day' is correctly translated to '1 día', but '21 days' should be '21 días' and returns '21 día', '31 days' should be '31 días' but returns '31 día' and so on. And, if I translate that line as 'days1|días' then I'll get '1 días' instead of '1 día' which is incorrect.

This same problem applies for other lines I mentioned. What should I do for a correct translation?

It's possible to apply the following recommendations to be added to the localization file and RunaBase be able to manage them?

Code:
year1|año
years1|años
month1|mes
months1|meses
day1|día
days1|días
billion1|mil millón
billions1|mil millones
million1|millón
millions1|millones
thousand1|mil
thousands1|miles
senior1|dólar
seniors1|dólares
junior1|centavo
juniors1|centavos
euro1|euro
euros1|euros
cent1|centavo
cents1|centavos

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
In some languages, the expression like "21 days" depends on the last (ending) number.
It is not enough just to change the translation file. We need to make adjustments to the program for the Spanish language. We will do this in one of the next updates of RunaBase.