How can I put an image in a template?

RSZ-EC

Hi!

I have a File field with a .JPG image in it and I need put that image in a Word template. I tried with the name of the field, but only writes the name of the file, not the image itself.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance!

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

To insert file contents (image, text), you can use File() function: [File(Field)]

In MS Word, you can set the image size using the table - the image is placed in the table, and the cell is set to a fixed width and height.

RSZ-EC

Hello!

To insert file contents (image, text), you can use File() function: [File(Field)]

In MS Word, you can set the image size using the table - the image is placed in the table, and the cell is set to a fixed width and height.
Yes, thank you very much Anti! So sorry for not looking in the other forum before to post.

RSZ-EC

By the way, how can I adjust the size of an image that it's too small for the cell instead of too big? I want it to fit the size of the cell.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
how can I adjust the size of an image that it's too small for the cell instead of too big? I want it to fit the size of the cell
As far as I know, in MS Word you can either insert the image as it is so that the cell stretches (Table properties - Options - check "Automatically resize to fit contents"), or set the row to fixed height so that the image fits it (Table properties - tab "Row" - specify height, set "Row height is" to "Exactly").

RSZ-EC

in MS Word you can either insert the image as it is so that the cell stretches, or set the row to fixed height so that the image fits it.
I did all that already, but figured out what was my problem. I was putting the image in a combined cell (of several rows) and File function reduces it to the height of the first row. When I use a cell of a single row with a defined width and height, the image fits well.

One question/suggestion: Would it be possible to add an optional parameter to File function for get a specific size of images (zoom percentage could be an option)?
[File(Image), 20), for example, could insert the image at 20% of its size.

Attachments

RSZ-EC

BTW, is there a way to show an image defined in a [File] field from an object in the view window of other object?

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
One question/suggestion: Would it be possible to add an optional parameter to File function for get a specific size of images (zoom percentage could be an option)?
[File(Image), 20), for example, could insert the image at 20% of its size.
This is an interesting idea, thanks! We write down plans for new features. This will be a separate Image function with parameters, as File also serves to insert text documents.

Anti

Administrator
Staff member
is there a way to show an image defined in a [File] field from an object in the view window of other object?
There is no way to show image from other object, but there is a way to place it in the document. Just write full name of other object field as File() function argument. See OtherObj object in attached example.

Attachments